At a Glance
- Surgery duration: 30 minutes to 3 hours (outpatient)
- Anesthesia: Exclusively local anesthesia (tumescent anesthesia)
- Sport: Microcannulas: After 1 week at the earliest
Regular cannulas: After 4 weeks at the earliest
- Normal social activities: After a few days
- Preliminary examinations: Blood test, further examinations depending on the patient’s state of health
- Compression garments: Microcannulas: 1 week
Regular cannulas: 6 to 8 weeks
- Incapacity to work: 1 to 2 days (according to area)
- Check-ups: To be arranged on an individual basis
On its own, liposuction is not suitable for general weight loss.
Reaching Your Ideal Weight
In individual cases, liposuction, in combination with a medically assisted obesity treatment, can be helpful before a diet is begun. Autologous fat produces the female sexual hormone estrogen, which in turn promotes the storage of autologous fat in the body. If autologous fat is reduced by liposuction, the estrogen level also falls; in this way, the cycle can be slowed down.
Combination Weight Loss and Liposuction
When fat is extracted on problem zones having particularly large accumulations before weight loss therapy, this usually also promotes the regression of excess skin. In this way, unwanted hanging skin flaps can be prevented after successful weight loss, which can only be removed with risky firming operations.
Losing weight with liposuction normally only works in combination with a change in eating habits and sport. We would be happy to help you reach your ideal weight!